Fast Florida Apostilles, U.S. Department of State Authentication, and Embassy Legalization
Apostille Agent for RUSH Florida Apostilles
Remote Online Notarization of Documents Available
Your Complete Solution for Florida Apostilles, U.S. Department of State Authentications,
Foreign Embassy Legalization, and Online Notarizations (RON).
Whether you live in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Orlando, Tallahassee, or anywhere in the world, Florida Document Specialists provides complete, end-to-end solutions for obtaining fast Florida apostille certifications, U.S. Department of State authentications, and foreign embassy legalization for documents intended for use in foreign countries.
Accordingly, we can provide expedited Florida apostille services for documents we notarize for you online, or for paper documents that you to ship to us.
We can also obtain certified copies of Florida corporation or LLC filings for apostille.
Fee Schedule and Estimated Turnaround Times
- The apostille workload at the Florida Department of State has increased significantly as of late. This is causing longer-than-usual turnaround times. For a standard non-expedited apostille, you should expect a delay of 25-35 business days.
- We offer a Priority RUSH service with a turnaround time of 3-4 business days.
Expedited RUSH Service for Florida Apostilles
- $195 flat fee for 1-2 rush apostilles + government fees.
- Each additional apostille over two: $50/per apostille + government fees.
- 3-4 business day turnaround – we take your documents to the Florida Department of State in-person to obtain your apostille(s), and will FedEx or DHL them to a destination of your choosing.
Standard Florida Apostille Service
- $100 flat fee for 1-2 apostilles + government fees.
- Each additional apostille over two: $35/per apostille + government fees.
- Turnaround Time Estimate Based on Current Florida Department of State Workload in Tallahassee:
(Current estimate is 25-35 business days.)
U.S. Department of State Apostilles and Authentications
- $150 flat fee for the first apostille or authentication + FedEx/DHL fees.
- $100 for each additional apostille or authentication.
- Turnaround Time Estimate Based on Current U.S. Department of State Workload in Washington DC:
(Current estimate is 6-8 weeks – no one can offer an expedited federal apostille at this time due to U.S. Government rules.)
Foreign Embassy Legalization
- $100 per document + foreign embassy fees.
(Embassy fees vary per country and for personal vs. business documents – ask for a quote.)
How do I pay for your services?
We will email you an invoice that can be paid with a credit/debit card.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Florida Apostilles and U.S. Department of State Authentications
What is a Florida Apostille?
An apostille, simply put, is a cover page. This cover page serves as the authentication by the Florida Department of State of the seals and signatures on a document intended for use in a foreign country.
The Florida Department of State will only apostille the following types of documents:
- Original paper documents notarized by a Florida notary public. The document must have an original wet signature and notarial stamp;
- Documents notarized online by a certified Florida remote online notary (RON); and
- Certified and/or recordable documents issued by the State of Florida or Florida county governments. Examples: Florida birth and death certificates, articles of incorporation, certificates of status, corporate and LLC articles or annual reports, divorce decrees, single status affidavits, etc.
How do you pronounce the word “apostille”, and what does it mean?
It is pronounced “Ahh Poh Steel“. It is a French word that translates to “Certification”.
What is the difference between “Hague” and “Non-Hague” countries?
Countries that are participants in the 1961 Hague Convention have agreed to accept an apostille cover sheet as the only authentication required for a document to be used in their country. The apostille is issued by the Secretary of State in the state of the document’s origination.
Can you help with authentications for “Non-Hague” countries?
Yes. Instead of the simplified “one-step” apostille process for Hague countries, you will typically require a 4-step process to authenticate your documents:
- The document must be properly notarized;
- Authentication by the Secretary of State;
- Authentication by the U.S. Department of State in Washington, DC; and
- Legalized at the embassy/consulate of the destination country.
Unfortunately, there is no way to expedite or rush a U.S. Department of State authentication. As of September 2022, the average turnaround time is 6-8 weeks.
Can I apostille a document for use in the United States?
No, an apostille is only for a document intended for use in a foreign country.
What if I have a federal document, like an FBI Background Check?
Federal documents such as FBI background checks cannot be apostilled by the Florida Department of State. Instead, we will process them for you with the United States Department of State in Washington, DC.
My document is in a foreign language, does it need to be translated prior to being sent for an apostille?
The Florida Secretary of State will issue an apostille for documents in a language other than English, but the notarization language must be in English. However, your intended recipient in a foreign country may require that a certified translation of the document be attached. In some cases, they want the notarized affidavit of translation to also have an apostille. If you require document translations services, we provide certified language translations in 95 languages.
My documents are not notarized. Can you help?
Yes. We have certified Florida remote online (RON) notaries on staff that can notarize your documents online. Not only is this covenant, but it will usually cut a full day from you processing time and will eliminate the cost of having to FedEx your documents to us. We guarantee our online notarizations will be accepted by the Florida Department of State for apostille.
How do you get the Florida apostille certifications so fast?
We physically take your documents to the Florida state capital in Tallahassee and personally present them to the Florida Department of State. After the apostille is issued, we FedEx or DHL the authenticated documents back to you or to a destination of your choosing. We can send your apostilles to you in the U.S. or most anywhere in the world. If your documents require further authentication with the U.S. Department of State in Washington DC, we can assist with that too. We can also process the legalization of your documents with foreign consulates and embassies, i.e. China, Hong Kong, UAE, etc.
Some companies offer “Same Day” Florida apostilles. Why does your services take 3-4 business days?
Despite their claims, companies that advertise same-day Florida apostilles are deceiving you. If documents are delivered in-person to the Florida Department of State, they will be ready for pickup on the following business day. There are no exceptions to this procedure. We offer the fastest method possible to obtain a legitimate expedited Florida apostille.
How do I receive my documents with the Florida apostilles? Can you ship internationally to save me some time?
Yes, we will ship your Florida apostilled documents back to you in the United States or almost anywhere in the world. We use FedEx Express International and DHL Priority International.
For domestic shipping, we use FedEx Standard Overnight for rush apostilles, and FedEx 2-day for non-rush orders.
Which courier service should I use for return shipping?
You are welcome to use your own prepaid shipping label. If you would like us to handle your shipping, we will include the cost of FedEx or DHL on your invoice and provide you with a tracking number.
FedEx is undeniably more expensive than DHL In contrast, because FedEx accommodates evening pickups, your documents will go out the same day we receive them from the Department of State.
All things considered, DHL is usually the least expensive shipping option and is considered the industry leader in international document shipping. However, because they won’t accept shipments after 2pm ET, your documents will be delayed by an additional business day as compared to FedEx.
In either case, each carrier is dependable and will get your documents to where they need to go.
For domestic return shipping, we use FedEx Standard Overnight for RUSH orders and FedEx 2-day for standard orders.
My documents were not notarized in Florida, can I still get a Florida apostille?
Unfortunately, no. If you are seeking Florida apostilles for notarized documents, the notarization must be from a Florida notary public. We have a lot of customers who use our remote online notarization (RON) service for just this reason. For example, if you are in California and need a copy of your passport notarized and apostilled quickly, Florida Document Specialists can notarize your document online and immediately process your apostille without you having to FedEx anything to us. You’ll receive your notarized and apostilled passport copy in just a few days.
If I have certified copies of birth certificates (or death certificates), they should be good to go for apostille, right?
Maybe. Only vital records that are signed by the current state registrar, Ken Jones, are accepted for apostille. If you have an older certified copy of a vital record, you will need to get a fresh one. If your certificate is from another state, it cannot receive a Florida apostille. Vital records from other states must be apostilled in the state where they were issued. If you need to order updated vital records, you can visit your local health department or order online at VitalCheck. Learn more about apostilles for Florida Birth Certificates here.
I have been told that I need my birth certificate, passport, and something called a “Single Status Certificate” apostilled for my destination wedding. Can you help with this?
It’s actually our most popular request, and we’re happy to help. You don’t need that kind of stress while you’re planning your destination wedding! Please read our blog on apostilles for Florida birth certificates.
I am planning to teach abroad, and I need an apostille for my teaching certificate, college diplomas, and school transcripts. Can you help?
Yes, but Florida has extremely tricky rules regarding these types of documents. Procedures vary between public and private schools. Fortunately for you, we are experts at this and will be happy to guide you.
Can I un-staple the apostille cover sheet from the original document and attach it to a copy?
No. Actually, it is unlawful for you to ever remove the staple. Once an apostille cover sheet is stapled to a document, it is intended to stay there forever. Some foreign authorities carefully inspect the documents for double staple holes. If they are found, your document may be rejected.
Does an apostille cover sheet expire?
No. However, we have seen foreign countries reject a document because they have deemed that the apostille is too old. It always best to use your apostille as soon as possible, or check with your foreign authorities.
Why is Florida Document Specialists your best choice?
- Our company is a Florida corporation in good standing with offices in Tallahassee and Daytona Beach. We know Florida! Other companies are located outside of Florida and cannot provide one-on-one customer service;
- We do fantastic work and take pride in it;
- We offer a pre-screening review of your documents for common mistakes before you pay. This saves you time and money and virtually eliminates the possibility of document rejection;
- We only work on Florida apostilles and documents requiring U.S. Department of State authentication and embassy legalization.
- We are the only Florida apostille service that is accredited and A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau (BBB);
- We are a family owned and operated business since 2014;
- Our apostille coordinator was selected by the National Notary Association as 2021 Notary of the Year;
- We have in-house certified remote online notaries;
- We operate by a code of ethics;
- We are accessible by telephone and email; and
- Our fee structure is fair and affordable without the bait-and-switch pricing found elsewhere.
What Types of Documents Can We Process for a Fast Florida Apostille?
- Power of Attorney
- Secretary Certificates
- Florida Articles of Incorporation
- Florida Certificate of Formation
- Florida Certificate of Good Standing
- Florida LLC or Corporate Certificate of Status
- LLC Articles of Organization
- Certificates of Origin
- Hiring Documents
- Company Invoices
- Identity Documents of Corporate Executives (Passport, Driver License)
- ISO Certificate
- Other Business Documents
- Social Security Benefit Verification Letters
- Documents for Destination Weddings
- Teaching Certificates (Educator Certificates)
- Final Judgements
- Passport Copies
- Driver License Copies
- FDLE Criminal History Background Checks
- FBI Criminal Background Checks
- Divorce Decrees
- Affidavit of Single Status
- Adoption Documents
- Marriage Certificate/License
- Florida Birth Certificates
- Florida Death Certificates
- Naturalization Certificate
- Car Titles
- Authorization Letter
- Statements – Bank/Utilities
- Consent to Travel
- Official Records
- Other Personal Documents
- School Transcripts and Diplomas for Florida Public Schools
- Scholl Transcripts and Diplomas for Florida Private Schools
- College Diplomas and Certificates
- High School Records
- Report Cards
- Teaching Certificate
- Other School Records