Notarized International Travel Authorization Form (Letter) for a Minor Child

Notarized Minor Travel Consent Form

A minor travel authorization form or letter is required to travel internationally with a minor child.  No matter what state or country you live in, Florida Document Specialists can properly prepare a minor travel consent form (consent letter) for a minor to travel internationally.  Our minor travel consent form is modeled after the official U.S. Department of State document.  If you take advantage of our convenient online notarization service, we will prepare a custom travel consent form for you free of charge.  To take advantage of this one-stop solution, click on the button below and get started.

Minor Travel Consent Letter
Click here to order your free minor travel authorization letter.

International Travel with a Minor Child

International travel with a minor can be a complex process, and obtaining the necessary consent forms is a crucial step.  Obtaining a minor travel consent form has become necessary due to increasing instances of child abduction – particularly instances of contested custody cases and human trafficking.

If a child is traveling internationally with only one parent or with another adult (i.e., a relative, friend, teacher, etc.), it is likely that immigration officers, airline personnel, and other officials will ask to see your notarized letter of consent.

What is a minor child travel consent form?

A parent or legal guardian will need to provide written consent for a child to travel internationally, and this consent letter will need to be notarized.  By following these steps and having a notarized letter of consent, you can travel abroad with your child without any issues.

A notarized travel consent document most often referred to as a letter of consent, is a document signed by a legal guardian or parent to give permission for their minor child to travel abroad. It is a formal, written authorization that provides assurance to immigration and customs officials that the child has been given permission by both parents or the child’s legal guardian(s) to travel internationally.

If one parent is unable to accompany the child on the trip, the other parent must provide written consent for the child to travel with someone else. In some cases, both parents may need to provide consent if they share joint custody of the child. If you are divorced or separated, be sure to check with your ex-spouse or the child’s other legal guardian before making any travel plans.

Double-check the requirements for your specific travel situation.

When obtaining consent forms for international travel with a minor, it is important to check the specific requirements of the country that you will be traveling to.  There are several distinct types of travel consent forms that may be required for international travel with a minor, depending on the specific circumstances.  For example, some countries may require a letter of consent from both parents, while others may only require consent from one parent. Additionally, some countries may require that the consent forms be apostilled or authenticated by a consular official.  Failure to comply with a foreign country’s specific requirements can result in being denied entry or other complications.

Make copies of your minor travel consent form.

It is important that you make multiple copies of the notarized consent forms, as you may need to provide them to various authorities, such as airlines, security, border, or customs officials. Once the letter is notarized, make sure you provide a copy to the other parent or legal guardian if applicable.


In summary, obtaining consent forms for international travel with a minor is an important process that requires careful attention to detail, and Florida Document Specialists has made it easy to accomplish it all in just one step.  By checking the specific requirements of the country that you will be traveling to and making sure that the consent form is properly notarized, you can help ensure a smooth and successful trip.